Monday, May 27, 2013

The Beauty of Twitter

Tweet Tweet!!

No, I'm not talking about the bird that flew into my windshield today as I was driving down the highway.  That's just Natural Selection at its finest for the Darwinists.

I'm talking about Twitter, the social networking sensation that is sweeping across the nation.  Instead of watching Fox or CNN, I just check the trending topics on twitter.  It gives you instant news in the palm of your hand.  In addition to being helpful for regular news, it is also great for sports news.

I get regular updates from Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen, even though I am not watching ESPN.  Furthermore, I get scoring updates from team twitter accounts, such as the Packers and Cubs.  The Cubs account just tweeted that Alfonso Soriano hit an RBI single to give the Cubs a 7-0 lead (a rare occurrence).


Twitter allows you to stay up-to-date on all the sports news, without having to turn on ESPN or pick up a newspaper.  You can be at the lake or the pool and stay informed.  


Moreover, you can follow your favorite athletes and get a glimpse into their life.  For example, I favorited Clay Matthews' tweet  showing him signing his new contract for the Packers.

If you haven't created a Twitter account, I encourage you to do so.  Warning:  it is addicting.

You can follow me @SportsGuyRamble

Please feel free to leave comments.  I would love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment